With fall here and winter on the way, the days are getting cooler, which means it’s almost time for warm hearty soups and soup exchanges. While I love soups, I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen cooking them. That’s why I use my Instant Pot. Not only does it make soups easily in one pot, it makes them faster too, in just a fraction of the time it takes to cook on the stove top. I can have a homemade dinner on the table quickly even on the busiest days. Here are 15+ of the best instant pot soup recipes that you’ll want to make over and over again.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation when you click on a product link or purchase an item linked on this site. Click here to learn more.
Why cook instant pot meals?
- Easy to make – Everything is cooked in one pot. You might have to chop items on a cutting board, but you’re not using multiple pots and pans.
- Saves time – The Instant Pot has many features but is commonly used as a pressure cooker. This cuts down the time it takes to cook foods, making for faster meals, which is a godsend when everyone is hungry.
- Save money – You can make lots of meals with it to use up extra meat and leftover vegetables. Opt for you and the family to eat in instead of out.
- Variety – The Instant Pot can cook nearly everything. It does well cooking meat dishes like pulled pork and stews but can also cook pasta and vegetables.
- Easy to clean – The Instant Pot is easy to clean. Just wash the inner pot and the lid and wipe down the exterior. It’s ready to put away or use again.
1. Chicken Noodle Soup by Urban Bliss Life
This Instant Pot chicken noodle soup has all the classic ingredients with the addition of turmeric and ginger. It’s great to have whether you have a cold or are feeling healthy.
2. Cabbage Soup by Princess Pinky Girl
This healthy cabbage soup recipe takes only 20 minutes to make. If you’re worried about it being all cabbage, there are plenty of other vegetables like carrots, onions, celery, and bell pepper in it to give it more variety.
3. Crab and Corn Chowder by Cooked by Julie
This delicious Instant Pot crab and corn chowder is rich and full of flavor. You’ll love the mix of crab, bacon, potatoes, and corn. Serve it with crusty bread and you have the perfect cold-weather meal.
4. Baked Potato Soup by Healthy Family Project
This Instant Pot baked potato soup is a fast and healthy alternative to regular baked potatoes. And it can be made in just 20 minutes! Add a little sour cream, cheddar cheese, and green onions to top it off for that original baked potato flavor but in the form of nice creamy potato soup.
5. Spinach Artichoke Dip Soup by Life’s Currents
This soup turns the classic flavors of spinach artichoke dip into a healthier yet still creamy soup. You might not even miss the dip!
6. Hamburger Soup by Salt and Lavender
This easy Instant Pot hamburger soup tastes like a hamburger but has plenty of veggies to make it healthier. It’s made with ground beef, but you can use turkey meat instead if you prefer something a little leaner. And use the veggies you love or any extra you have on hand because they’ll blend in well in this soup.
7. Mushroom Soup by Living Lou
This mushroom soup has a deep flavor from sautéing some mushrooms and adding other dried ones. What a combination for a rich and delicious soup.
8. Pizza Soup by 365 Days of Baking and More
Who doesn’t like pizza? This Instant Pot pizza soup is sure to be a winner with everyone. It has all the flavors of a pepperoni pizza without needing the time required to make one.
9. Chicken Orzo Soup by Chicken Fried Kitchen
Chicken orzo soup has the creamy quality of risotto with the cozy feeing of chicken noodles soup. Make a double batch because you’ll want double on a cold day!
10. Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup by Budget Delicious
This soup is easy to make and has lots of flavor. The lemon juice brightens the flavor making it irresistible to eat a second bowl!
11. Carrot and Parsnip Soup by Healthy Home Cooking
This hearty and delicious carrot and parsnip soup is the quintessential winter soup. You can even give it some variety for a cream carrot, spicy parsnip, or ginger flavor. Yum!
12. Clam Chowder by Pressure Cooker Recipes
This New England Clam Chowder perfect hearty soup for a cold winter day. Put it in a bread bowl for an extra special treat!
13. Chicken and Barley Soup by Sula and Spice
This chicken soup has potato and barley to give it some heartiness for a warm and satisfying meal.
14. Broccoli Cheddar Soup by Fantabulosity
This broccoli cheddar soup is a take on the one by Panera Bread and ready in only 30 minutes. And it has lots of common ingredients you’re likely to have on hnad. Make extra because you’re going to want this as leftovers.
15. Cauliflower Soup by The Pypers Kitchen
This Instant Pot cauliflower soup tastes like it took a long time to make but it only takes 30 minutes. Scoop a big bowl of this soup because it tastes so good!
16. Instant Pot Taco Soup by I Food Real
This taco soup is easy to make with everyday ingredients and ready in 20 minutes! Make it on a busy night and make a double batch because it freezes well for future dinners.
Winter is soup season, and there’s nothing like homemade soups for those cold days. You’re sure to have plenty of them with the above Instant Pot recipes. Make these for a fast and easy weeknight meal, a Sunday dinner to start the week off, or even a special occasion like a friends soup exchange. Enjoy!
Do you want your recipe included on this list?
If you have an Instant Pot soup recipe that you would like added to this post, please email me at email@example.com. Please note that your request grants me permission to place a photo from your post here with a link back to your site.
All pictures and links in this post are shared with permission.