The Christmas season is my favorite time of year. I look forward to every Christmas party, family gathering, and holiday festivity to get into the holiday spirit. I can’t wait to built a gingerbread house and wrap presents while listening to Christmas carols.
This year I’m excited to try making cupcake treats. Cupcakes are one of the best dessert options because they’re individual treats that can cater to everyone’s taste preferences. In my search for some of the best cupcakes around, I came across these Christmas cupcake recipes that you and the kids will love. Get that piping bag ready!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation when you click on a product link or purchase an item linked on this site. Click here to learn more.
Some notes to help with making cupcakes:
- Many recipes have the option of using boxed cake mix or making the cake portion from scratch. Choose what works best or is easiest for you.
- These recipes give a recommendation for something to place on top of each cupcake such as vanilla buttercream, chocolate frosting, or mini marshmallows. If you don’t have that item at home or you don’t like it, try some alternative fun toppers that you and your children or guests will like.
1. Eggnog Cupcakes by Simply Stacie
These cupcakes are loaded with eggnog flavor and finished with a sweet eggnog frosting and nutmeg. It’s so delicious even those who don’t like eggnog will be asking for more of these cupcakes.
2. Grinch Cupcakes by Belle of the Kitchen
The Grinch is one of the most beloved Christmas shows. Enjoy watching while eating one of these Grinch cupcakes complete with a Whoville tree. Who knows? Your heart might grow a few sizes too!
3. Snowy Tree Cupcakes by Fantabulosity
These elegant snowy tree cupcakes are perfect for a holiday party or a woodland forest party. They are easy to assemble too.
4. Snowman Cupcakes by Surf and Sunshine
These snowman cupcakes look complex, but they’re actually easy to make and you can make them ahead of time. The sweet snowman face is sure to bring smiles to everyone who eats one.
5. Christmas Tree Buttercream Cupcakes by The Forked Spoon
This is a classic chocolate cupcake topped with decadent buttercream with a twist of cute little Christmas trees on top. They’re so pretty that you might not want to eat them.
6. Cranberry Orange Cupcakes by Ann’s Entitled Life
These cranberry and orange cupcakes are a nice change from traditional chocolate or vanilla cupcakes. They’re easy to make and a refreshing treat to serve to friends who drop by to spread holiday cheer.
7. Easy Grinch Heart Cupcakes by Thrifty Jinxy
These cupcakes are so easy to make and decorate. You’ll want to make them to share with your family while you watch the Grinch!
8. Christmas Light Cupcakes by Maria’s Mixing Bowl
Give your cupcakes a tasty string of Christmas lights with this easy decorating idea!
9. Gingerbread Cupcakes with Molasses Ganache Filling by Bakers Table
These gingerbread cupcakes are heavenly with a perfect molasses ganache filling. They taste like gingerbread cookies but are soft and creamy. This might be my new favorite cupcake ever!
10. Easy Rudolph Cupcakes by Saving Dollars and Sense
Make adorable reindeer cupcakes by popping a red gumdrop on these to look just like Rudolph.
11. Eggnog Cupcakes with Eggnog Buttercream Frosting by Fresh Coast Eats
This is the ultimate cupcake for anyone who craves eggnog flavor! It has the tastiest buttercream frosting!
12. Mint Chocolate Cupcakes by Strength and Sunshine
Give your cupcakes a refreshing mint flavor with this gluten-free recipe.
13. Peppermint Cream Cheese Cupcakes by Spend with Pennies
Peppermint and chocolate fill these cupcakes up for a cheerful holiday sweet. If you love peppermint, these will become a holiday favorite for you.
14. Gingerbread Cupcakes by Waiting for Blancmange
Move over cookies! These gingerbread cupcakes, complete with molasses and ginger, are the tastiest cupcake idea of the season.
15. Cup of Cocoa Cupcakes by Sugar and Spice Mama
These hot cocoa cupcakes are easy to make with real packets of hot cocoa mix and marshmallows. They look just like a cup of cocoa and are rumored to be Santa’s favorite!
This holiday season, while everyone else prepares a plate of Christmas cookies, why not give you friends and loved ones and even Santa something unique like delicious cupcakes? You’ll be known for having the best Christmas cupcakes around. Which sweet treat will you make first?
Do you want your recipe included on this list?
If you have a Christmas cupcake recipe that you would like added to this post, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your request grants me permission to place a photo from your post here with a link back to your site.
All pictures and links in this post are shared with permission.